Tuesday 2 May 2006

He's a European Legacy, a Culture For Today

Roses, Henri Fantin-Latour, 188x
The past week has gone by quite slowly, rather than it's usual thundering pace, which tells me I'm out of another depression. The obsessive tendencies of the past two weeks have stopped.

Last Thursday I sat up in bed at 0340 and wrote another (less vague) hash of Low 4/4, mainly for myself. It was one of those 'teenage disappointment' style pieces I seem to write too often these days - I don't want this to end up a diary. Anyway, it helped me get a number of things off my chest (or more accurately, one person out of my mind). It's somewhat disturbing how easily you can cease to hold particular feelings toward someone overnight (at least, consciously - whether my dreams will betray me...).

I'm thinking about getting my hair cut... On an almost totally unrelated note, I'm just thinking, did Bowie make instrumentals fashionable (particularly ones that flow into the next)? The Human League's first two albums (1978 and 1979), Spandau Ballet's Diamond (1982), Simple Minds' Empires and Dance (1980), and Ultravox's Vienna (1980) have them.

[187]

No comments: