Wednesday 31 May 2006

Try Not To Bleed On My Couch, I've Just Had It Steam-Cleaned

Ethon (Incomplete), Prij, 27/04/06
Shit, I slept-in - I had to meet my history lecturer today. I threw open the curtains - argh, it's already dark... must be 4 o'Clock, the Sun's set. I dive over the bed to the alarm clock: 04:00 AM?

We talked for an hour, initially about my absence and what I had missed, but quickly it became an informal chat - views of the world, interesting things we'd read in the newspapers. A good lengthy face-to-face chat is something I always enjoy immensely - something I haven't really done in about two years since leaving school. Thinking back to our discussion, my history lecturer (sociology last year in the NC course, and more importantly the class guidance figure over both years) holds a very unique position - guidance-wise she's almost a second more like-minded mother, but otherwise the only person over 40 who comes closest to being described a friend. I particularly got on with my politics and communications lecturers, but not nearly the same level of personal exchange. On an egotistical note, this seems to validate the claim that I was far too mature-minded to be 15 years old.

We came to agreement that there was no point in returning to classes, since there's nothing left to teach so close to the end of term. I'm completely disillusioned with college, so I'm not doing another course - so back to square one. There may be a summer job on the horizon. What lies beyond?

[256]

No comments: