Wednesday 10 May 2006

Why Do You Say No? (I Refuse)

I fail to see why I should write at length about something I have verbally demonstrated that I know, and that everyone knows I know - just because the SQA is an inhuman statistical analysis machine, stratifying adolescents into the dysfunctional society their predecessors created. If that doesn't demonstrate education isn't about learning, you really haven't learnt anything.

So I'm supposed to bite my tongue, pass all the subject outcomes, go through uni... and then I can go down the different avenues of thought posed by the regimen topics of formal education.

I just failed Intermediate 2 Modern Studies, but they let me do Higher Modern Studies. I almost passed NC Social Sciences, but they let me do HNC Social Sciences. The teachers at school and the lecturers at college actually know me and my intelligence. The SQA, however, knows me as a 9 digit number with letters assigned by the percentage of correct answers from exams. ie, it does not know me.

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education." – Albert Einstein

Based on a drafts written 20/10/05 and 09/02/06
[177]

No comments: