Thursday 1 September 2005

Decadence

Hmm. September 1st and the Polish Campaign... makes me laugh for some reason. Perhaps it's because I defeated the SuddenStrike demo using blitzkrieg tactics...

Anyway, we were discussing perspectives in Sociology today and, frankly, we hate what society has become. We were asked to describe our view of society today with one word - in Leninist fashion, I said 'decadent'.

This was something I was going to post yesterday, that there are two subjects that I would make compulsory at some stage in secondary schools - namely, Media Studies and Sociology. Media so that the mindless drones will stop buying packaged life, and Sociology so the kids (NEDs/Chavs) might start giving a shit before they go round tearing the place up.

Off on a tangent, that bint that did the Sky One programme claiming 'Chavs' were a cultural asset is doing a programme entitled 'Reality TV is Good for You'. Neither of those programmes did anything like approach the issue from an unbiased starting point or make use of the Scientific Method. So, as I wrote in my diatribe against the pope, fuck off.

I think I'll hit publish now.

[191]

No comments: