Wednesday 2 August 2006

Foreign 7: Close to the Edit

Canadair CL-215s over Zakynthos
The parents have been chatting for the past few days with this couple from Leeds. Their eldest son appears to have emerged as the alpha male, gaining access to the pool girl. At least that's how I interpreted their game of tonsil tennis in the empty pool, late yesterday afternoon. Anyway, this afternoon we went down to the beach and rented out a peddle boat for an hour. The sky had been smoky again, so another bush fire. Luckily I brought the camera along.
About half way through, two water bombers passed nearly overhead. The beach was completely quiet, save the distant roar as they touched the water. I didn't get a decent picture of that because I have a medium-priced digital camera, without a telescopic lens, shooting through haze objects more than a kilometre away. They made two passes, but I only captured the first as I'd forgotten to delete the duff photos and ran out of card space - it's also hard to judge quality on a tiny screen when in direct sunlight, and in a rush. My bother (left) and the Padre are visible in the photograph to your right.

I think I got heatstroke, what with doing most of the peddling, being in direct sunlight, and being incredibly thirsty. Fun, nevertheless.

[219]

No comments: