Thursday 9 March 2006

Arguments with the Taxpayer

What does the taxpayer know about intelligence? They work in challenging jobs which use up any thought potential they have, in calculating for the corporate fuckwits (who have the interest of the world at heart in the same way an amoeba is a loving parent), and they claim that I have to produce evidence that I'm learning at college because they're paying for it. If i want the fucking taxpayers opinion, I'll lobotomise myself and then get down to their level and converse. The tax payer is an idiot, bereft of the ability to remember what happened in politics the other week, and unfit to tell me that my politics are nonsense and that 'communism works in theory'. Have they ever even encountered a theory outside school? Do they even understand what theory is?: Concept > hypothesis > theory > fact, in increasing order of veracity.
I tell the taxpayers I'm intelligent; you only have to ask my lecturers and look at the essays I write in my own time. The taxpayer doesn't want to know because it wasn't marked, graded and filed. In effect, the taxpayer does not know anything. Go run to Pete Townsend and rock and roll's new corporate sponsors.

The taxpayer says ' get a job'. If I ever get one (must I make a friend of horror?), I'll make sure it's part time and doesn't rob me of my ability to think when I want - same with the constant stream of fucking college essays, not a thought that wasn't placed in my brain with the intention of vomiting it back onto paper to hand-in. Fuck them, they told us technology would have advanced so far as to be living in paradise by now. Look around. Look up. Look down. This planet is falling apart and we don't even have off-world colonies to flee to.

Do not talk to me about the future. No generation of taxpayers in history has cashed in its successors future to the extent we see now - and I have no intention of finding the values of "honest work" and "respect for authority", and in doing so, fucking the next generation over. I don't intend to live beyond 39 at most. I refuse to become like my parents.

Everything we could have done cost too much for the taxpayer to swallow. Rewind time to when I was 17 and in school. It wasn't compulsory, but I had a good time tempting the Blairites to throw me out. 20 bears upon me - this must be my mid-life crisis.

A Hero generation is born during an Unraveling, spends its rising adult years during a Crisis, spends midlife during a High, and spends old age in an Awakening. [...] All of them entering midlife were aggressive advocates of technological progress, economic prosperity, social harmony, and public optimism.

[484]

No comments: