Monday 19 December 2005

Fade to Grey

I've just noticed the backlit display on my mini Hi-Fi, which I got for my 11th birthday (12/12/97), has given up after 8 years and 7 days of use. Back in September the tape deck gave up, which means no more listening to that Metallica tape my friend put together back in late-98.

I'd salute Matsui if it was actually Japanese, so instead I'll just give it some quiet recognition. Strangely, my brother got a PlayStation (made in Japan) for his 7th birthday (15/11/97) and it completely failed just before I got a PS2 for my 15th (which started experiencing constant disc errors this Summer).

If I look on the bright side (wait for the irony), it means my room won't be so bright when I leave it on at night. Indeed, in the second half of it's life, since I abandoned TV as my main source of entertainment (about the same time I began dallying with Radio 2) it's barely been off.

This is a sad reflection on what constitutes an important event to me...
Anyway, you're probably wondering what's in the CD player right now (and has been for the past week).

[208]

No comments: