Friday 12 August 2005

Why, Oh Why?

To begin, dear readers, let me explain the name of this blog:

On Sunday 7th August 2005, BBC One broadcast a program entitled 'Hiroshima' which followed the movements of several people on the 6th August 1945. During one segment, the program follows a Mother in the hours immediately after the bombing, as written in her diary. The scene I refer to depicts the Mother, having exhausted herself trying to rescue her child from under the rubble, listening to her child being burnt alive- to which I thought... "The Horror of One's Child Screaming In Flames Within Earshot".

I continue to try and keep the subject of Hiroshima and Nagasaki alive in the public conscience (and unconscious, via my two email addresses).

But to the purpose of this blog: Firstly I intend to post some of my thoughts that don't quite make it to essay stage. Secondly, I'll also be posting in relation to events over at NationStates (credit to Para) and, finally, anything I generally feel like dumping on the world.

[174]

No comments: