Friday 12 August 2005

Dethrone Television, All Hail the Internet!

I don't watch TV news (not even C4 News, but that's more because I can't get out of bed for lunchtime) but I wanted to watch 'Deep Impact' on BBC One and they've inserted a bloody 30 minute break in it. Now I'm reminded why I don't watch much TV - The 10 O'Clock "News" consisted of, "these people have missed their holidays, all this little girl ever wanted was to lie in the sun... this elderly woman's friend died at home in Canada whilst her flight to see her for the last time was cancelled".

First of all, that's not news. That's the pish I expect from the popular/ist magazine 'The Sun' (I don't fucking love it) rather than some actual journalism. Secondly, I've seen this before - some people demanding others should be banned from striking so they can have a hassle-free holiday. Who cares what Thatcherite employment practices these out-sourcing septic-tanks think are "economically sensible"? I just want to read about how these commies are terrorist-sympathisers in 'The Sun' on the beaches of the Iberian colonies.

[194]

No comments: