Saturday 30 June 2007

Blue Light

The Gloaming (Awful Paintbrush Splice), Prij, 2007
I'm using my favourite little gadget to write this. The Padre uncovered it in an office spring-cleaning at IBM. It's a 1999 Palm III branded as an IBM WorkPad - very basic compared to any new PDA. Unfortunately I'm without the data cable and the PC doesn't have an IR sensor (which I was sure it it did). The WorkPad will be replacing the tonne of paper notes that are strewn throughout my room. It's also how I'll be writing whilst in Cyprus next week, and any time I'm away from the computer from now-on. Although I'm a little apprehensive about relying on AAAs and only a minute of backup power. Might turn out to be easier and less stressful to just use paper.

I've been meaning to write up what's been going on since April, but I've been busy. Junk mail apparently doesn't deliver itself. I hate bill days. Thursday was my day off, Friday was the postal strike, it's a local holiday weekend, and there's no mail on Sundays. As a side effect, I have to be in at 0600 on Monday morning to sort the backlog. Rather a Monday than the usual early Saturday.

I'm just after photographing a nice panorama of the gloaming. I really do love twilight at midnight... sheer vastness.

[232]

No comments: